Updates and Bug Fixes - December 2014
Posted: 10 December, 2014 · Tweet
When developing a search engine there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that's not immediately apparent. So this is the first of what will be a regular post highlighting the most recent and important feature updates and bug fixes happening at Mojeek.
- Improved handling of redirects for ranking purposes.
- Big relevancy update (mostly due to tweaking of external signals).
- Increased the initial boost new pages get in the results.
- Improved crawl prioritisation and refresh rates in general.
- Improved algo for when stop words are included in the search.
- Added EU as a country search option.
The EU search option allows you to expand or restrict your search to all of the EU, instead of just the web or a single country (this will be available in the UI soon).
- Fixed issue with single digits not being included in the search.
- Fixed indexing issue with default (home) pages that previously forced a path in the URL, but now 404 instead of redirecting to a new location.
- Fixed PageQuery box not always displaying snippet.
The PageQuery box is displayed when a URL is searched for and is indexed, if no box is displayed then Mojeek hasn't yet indexed the URL.
- Fixed UK country search ignoring pages with GB status.
- Fixed issue with meta noindex documents still being indexed.
- Fixed cases where some (usually stop) words not being highlighted in the snippets.
Please let us know if there's a particular feature you'd like to see or have come across any bugs. Your feedback would be appreciated and will help us to improve quicker.